Catering Liability InsuranceIn a 'where there's blame' world liability insurance is a must
Catering Liability Insurance is an Employers’ Liability and Public/Products Liability product for any caterers who don’t need to protect a catering trailer or van.
It provides protection should an employee or a member of the public bring a claim against you for injury or property damage as a result of you business activities.
Typical trades would include baked potato ovens, buffet caterers, coffee rounds, farmers’ markets, hog roasts & barbecues or market stall caterers
Employers’ Liability is a legal requirement if you employ anyone but Public and Product Liability are worth their weight in gold should the worst happen. Read our guide to catering insurance to find out the differences between cover types.
Which cover do I need?
Not sure whether Catering Liability Insurance or Street Food Liability Insurance is right for you? just answer the questions in Get a Quote and we’ll work it all out for you.
- Public and Products Liability £5 million (option to extend to £10 million)
- Employers’ Liability £10 million
These fantastic optional extras, some of which are exclusive to Moving Food, should definitely be considered for complete protection.
- Business Interruption – protects you against loss of income if you are unable to trade
- Loss of business due to breakdown – the potential loss of earnings if you breakdown on the way to an event are huge, this cover would recompense you
- Stock cover – we automatically include stock cover up to £500 but you can add additonal cover up to £10,000
- Deterioration of stock – allows you to replace your stock if you suffer a refrigeration breakdown
- Contents – the contents of your trailer are automatically covered up to £500 but can also be increased to over £10,000
- Electronic Equipment – mobile phones, laptops and electronic equipment up to £2,500
- Money – if money goes missing during business, in transit or at your home this cover will recompense you in excess of £2,500
- Loss of license – for traders who’s business involves alcohol where a license is key to their business
Features & Benefits
Electronic documentation for application to events and sites
Excess: Flexible excesses are available
Payment: We accept Credit Card, Debit Card, Cheque and Bank Transfer
Refunds and Cancellations: Details are in our Terms of Business
Not sure this is right for you? Please give us a call for advice or browse our other covers…